Monday, March 21, 2016

i2I...

When I had the dosa this morning, I kind of squirmed looking at the charred portion. I wanted a crispy, golden brown dosa on my plate. I went on to suggest my wife about how she needs to keep the heat at the optimum level even though she has turned out the best of the dosas on my plate before. Just one bad one and I started commenting ignoring all the good ones I had had.
The clothes I wear I have preference, the movies I watch, the books I read, the friends I keep, the places I go, the mobile phone I use and so on. Not only that, the mobile phone my wife uses, the dress she wears, the way she smiles and so on. Every damn thing out there I have a preference. I question if it is not delivered to my taste and I feel bad if it does not happen according to my preference.
You know the only thing you unquestioningly embraced in life ?
It is YOU.
Yes. When this body and mind was given to me and had evolved with me, I never even bothered to know about it. I never even questioned it once. I assumed it to be what I AM.
While I question everything about everyone I forgot to question this person who is questioning everything else.
Why is this spinning things out of control?
How did it reach this point where it simply goes on and on and drags me in?
How do I get into arguments and make mine and others life miserable?
How did it make me think I have to have this much money, a car, a home and on and on?
Did we ever question the nature of this body and mind that grew with us?
Did we have the opportunity to show preference to what we want and discard what we did not want out of it?
It does not happen unless you start to observe the patterns. You find that most of the things what you do tend to repeat on and on. Your craving for money, lust, power.
You find that your mind has cleverly camouflaged it with bells and whistles all the time but at the end of it leads you to a more affirmative image of ‘I’. A more powerful, a more lustful and a more wealthy ‘I’.
Is that good or bad?
As long as you cannot see the separation or question and introspect the images built by your mind there is nothing good for the real YOU. For sure it could be good or bad for what you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment