Sunday, August 28, 2011

E-merging india ,Edward Tufte and Upanishad

I had recently ordered a book on FlipKart.com. It is like a breeze I would say.

They said 3 days and there it was. "Cash on delivery" was so easy that avoids all the fear of releasing your credit card into the sea of data in the internet.

Delivered at your doorstep. How amazing it is and avoided me a trip to the book store, traffic, waste of petrol and above all time!

Very well packaged.

By the way the book I bought was "Envisioning Information" by Edward Tufte. Seriously doubt I would have landed on it in any of the Bangalore bookshops.

Reading the book now. The nature of such original and pure thinking about how multidimensional information can be represented in pictures is expanding before me.

I wonder why Indians never venture into such unchartered waters.

Nowadays I dont tend to read things fast. Iam quite slow, try to absorb and digest what is being told as if Iam sitting beside the author and listening in his own voice similar to Upanishad.

Talking of Upanishad, I had read a interpretation of some "Upanishad"s by Osho and in that I remember he saying that the word "Upanishad" means "Beside the teacher".

I imagine the vedic civilization, the serene environment, a mighty but silent saraswathi river flowing and a long bearded sage under a peepul tree surrounded by students and I being one of them. Would he have talked of Envisioning Information?

May be...in some other sense. He indeed would have spoken of how to "Not have information" from within. I mean how to "stop having questions" and be a witness to show the inner transformation.

May be this answers probably my question of why Indians never venture into such things.?

Now...back to my world of reading Tufte.

No comments:

Post a Comment