Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ah another thing I left out of the previous blog

In the same walking incident I described in the previous blog, I saw a person wearing a T shirt with this expression 'I will even kill for Noble peace prize'. It was obviously to display to others that 'I found this funny' and you may too sort of thing. I too felt it funny for a moment. Then I thought what sort of sick fellows are around to wear a T shirt like that. If I wear to choose to wear a T shirt with a statement I wont be selecting this. The oxymoron may be appealing, but I do not like provocative words like 'killing' nor the idea that you would kill to achieve peace. So it is in a way not so funny.

Going further I was thinking over this. People end up killing each other in acts of terrorism or war mainly to find peace. But how sad it is that your peace is decided by the elimination of another person. How sad you came to that conclusion. If some one is attacking another then the person being attacked loses his peace and end up retaliating to get back to his peace. But what if some one attacks another with a larger interest to gain control over land? They invariably destroy the peace of others. In such a case would you mind killing? Peace can be there when there is no killing. But killing has to be there to reach a state of peace.

In the movie Hey Ram by kamal haasan, the protagonist finds his wife raped and murdered in communal violence and ends up killing a few in that rage. A case of retaliation to regain peace which was disturbed because the killer's peace was disturbed and so on. Initially it may start with a wrong and it gets multiplied with every one repeating it. It is a system without balance. The system automatically balances itself by killings. Even if there exist one person who sees something as wrong and even if it is seen as right by all others hatred continues, killing continues.

Its a chain reaction and never stops. Hatred is a chain reaction. Hatred comes out of lack of peace within. We have prejudices built within ourselves over time seeing things, reading thing, hearing things and layers and layers of untold emotions are within us which lets out at a conducive moment. Being able to see through these layers within and be able to un-identify yourself or dissociate the you from these mythical layers is the way to go.

Love helps people remain in peace. But to love one has to be peaceful within himself. 

I saw that same person approaching me as I walked again. This time I noticed the spelling mistake in the 'Nobel' word. I had a urge to point it out to him. By that time he crossed and went behind me. I was thinking 'leave him in peace'. Why create a conflict in him. You never know if he will take it positively or negatively. His jogging is important. Not words. Nor spelling mistakes :-)

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully put :-) - but i suspect that is the very nature of life - we need to kill just to eat and survive - even if you are vegetarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When will I see you as me and not different me. Then it stops I believe. But when that happens this world ceases to exist :-) So these questions are invalid there.

      Delete
  2. Nice one Thallu .. Very profound :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah very true-peace comes from within not from somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete