Thursday, December 15, 2011

Anish's question on Non-doing

Following the last blog, Anish asked 'how do you achieve non-doing?'

My thoughts are,

You don't do 'non-doing'. Non-doing is not a doing. It is a state. It is not an action. Being in that state means you will just be a watcher. Watching as thoughts cross your mind to stimulate you to doing something. I guess the more you go into the state of watching, the less you do. Or put it other way, you still do something, but not any more without your permission.

I have found many times, that I need to fill up my day with several things - doing this, reading that, watching that movie, talking to some friend, going somewhere......And over a period of time if I look back, I have done a lot of these again and again like a machine. Who was wanting all these? If it is me, then nothing of that seem to remain NOW in me, except those memories. But at that point in time, I have always believed those things are so important to make my day. Now I think I can be without any of those. I have seen my readings have considerably gone down, my watching has gone down...you may say this is out of boredom. But it is not. If I am bored of watching a movie, I would have probably filled it up with another doing , like say a hobby. I now feel I am OK without any of those. But then who is this person without any shades , without any color, without any identity?

I don't know. I know I am on the path, but the way is far and I am not there yet. You need to believe that you may find IT ultimately. I guess you will find the REAL you.

1 comment:

  1. Non-Doing may be a state of not doing any thing.
    On the other side,
    By Doing Yoga , one may not be doing any thing physically.
    So doing Yoga, qualifies Non-Doing and in action.

    :) ?

    ReplyDelete